4/4/07

You ask..."Whats up with the monkey?"

It all started in 1976 when I received this adorable stuffed monkey from Grandma & Grandpa Bahling for my 4th birthday. I carried him everywhere & loved him so much that I rubbed his fur off in some spots. One time while sleep walking I placed him in the freezer! Who didn't play Barrel of Monkey's? Or read Curious George children's books? Of course, there is Banana & Monkey Bread... MONKEY BREAD 1/2 c. white sugar 3 tsp. cinnamon 3/4 c. brown sugar 1 stick melted butter 3 pkgs. Pillsbury biscuits (10) Cut biscuits into quarters. Put in sugar and cinnamon mixture (to coat biscuits on all sides). Grease bundt pan. Put biscuits in pan. Pour remaining sugar and melted butter over biscuits. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees; remove immediately. Remove from pan to plate and pick at bread like a monkey. Grandma Bahling's BANANA BREAD 1/2 c. shortening 1/2 tsp. salt 1 c. white sugar 2 c. flour sifted with 1 tsp. soda 1 tsp. vanilla 2 eggs, beaten 1 c. well beaten banana (2) Nuts Mix all together and bake at 350 degree's for approximately 45 minutes. My only negative experience with the monkey happened at the Los Angeles City Zoo while on spring break with my college friend, Joy. A huge monkey threw his pooh at me! However, today it makes for a hilarious story!

The monkey business started again this winter when Brian bought this sweater...

I started calling Brian my "little sock monkey" when he would wear it! I began emailing him pictures of sock monkeys.

When my sister got wind of this...she sent us Pee Jay!

Pee Jay joined us on our recent road trip...thus the Funky Monkey Road Trip Gallery.

and the rest...as they say... is history!

No comments: