7/30/07

The Ugly Duckling

I'd like to tell you the story of my ugly duckling.... Three years ago when our friend Jimmy was diagnosed with the cancer...we banded together and held a community garage sale as a fundraiser. Several of my girlfriends & I were there peddling our goods, bargaining for every last dime. This older guy wanders in wondering if we had any "hunting" items....I suppose he wanted camouflage pants or decoys or how-to-books...since we didn't have any such thing, I felt obliged to offer up the duck...it was the closest thing to "hunting" items we had! {Just being my helpful, happy self!} Later in the day....the duck was gone. I asked everyone where he went...did we sell that ugly thing? Who would buy that? No one seemed to know his whereabouts. Little did I know, Kelly bought the darn thing. PS: friends fib

The ugly duckling turned up under the Christmas tree that year, filled with candies, with my name on him. Gee, um, thanks Kelly! :)

For the past three years we have traded the duckling back & forth. {our version of a white elephant} I gave it back to her for her birthday. Then again when her son was born...I thought it was perfect for the nursery.

Well, my birthday is coming up in a couple of days & guess what? The duckling filled with awesome scrap supplies found his way back to my house....gee, um, thanks Kelly.... *smile*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but i thought you liked the duckling.... why else would it keep coming back, er, maybe the duckling likes YOU!