11/21/08

he is among us...

Last night Brian & I went for dinner downtown.
While walking from the parking garage we were approached by a lady asking for money.
She needed the money to be able to spend the night in a shelter.
I gave her money.
As we walked away from the women, I reminded Brian of something my friend, Alvina, had said to me years ago - "I always give to the homeless, you never know when it is actually God testing you!"
This is the morning devotional I recieved today.....
Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again.
( Ecclesiastes 11:1-2 *NIV)
Dear Michelle,
Many people have wondered what is meant by "Cast your bread upon the water, and you will find it." Well, it is An old Hebrew Idiom meaning to give to charity and it will be returned to you.
After all it is written; He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done. This is because; There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land. ( Proverbs 19:17 ) ( Deuteronomy 15:11 )
So Michelle, always remember those who are in need, and the homeless among us: So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts its mouth. After all our Savior Jesus Christ said; 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Amen. ( Matthew 25:40 )
Have a Wonderful Weekend, Michelle, and may the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
( Philippians 4:23 )
THAT, my friends, was a GOD thing!
To sign up for a daily email devotional click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've found that there's more to being a christian than just reading scripture. I need to also live His Word and your blog is a good example!! Thanks for sharing.

believe it or not...it's just me said...

yes, Michelle, He is! He always is! Thanks for sharing this experience and the great timing that God has with the devotional. I never believe in coincidences, only God's way of giving us experiences.
kelly