6/11/09

How highs the water, momma?

Six feet high & rising!
We have had 16+ hours of storms and heavy, heavy rains {6-10inches} in the DFW area.
Many trees down, branches snapped off and general destruction,
I found a chimney cover in our driveway this morning.
I ventured outside to snap a few pictures of the waterway in front of our house...
When I stepped around the corner I saw this... Before he realized it-water on the baseboards-stalled engine. His adorable little {ex} girlfriend told me... "God is mad at him, yesterday he lost his wallet and today...this." I chuckled and said "you really think so?" "Yup" she said, "that is what he gets for breaking my heart after a year together!" Ahhh, young love drama.
EDITED TO ADD:
this is the scene currently...

4 comments:

TJ said...

Come 'on... take the Charger out.

Betsy said...

Holy High Water! I don't think the hot rod would make it through, good thing Bri has a nice new big red truck!

Lizzy said...

It has been a week of the same wet stuff up here...yours just drains faster than ours...Sorry to hear about Caprice.

believe it or not...it's just me said...

wow! that sure is amazing! and to think we aren't that far away and all we got was fierce wind and <6/10 of an inch!!!!