1/3/10

step away from the canvas!

I have big plans to re-decorate a room.  I have hemmed & hawed over what colors to use and what style to follow.  I know how I want the room to feel, but how to accomplish it?
I have surfed to the end of the internet looking for ideas. 
And then...then I found this!  A gorgeous piece of art on canvas, with texture and a multitude of colors. Something to build my room around!

I discovered it on the internet, so today I set out to see it in person.

I arrived at the store and went right for it. (the only ONE left) I held it up, inspected it and decided to make it mine.  I thought to myself..."self, just leave it here, browse the store & pick it up on the way out."  So I did.  I took my time and browsed around.
When I was done, I headed back to pick it up.  As I rounded the corner, I slowed and saw a couple admiring the canvas.  OH NO!  Ok, be calm.  Act natural - pretend to shop nearby items. I watched them from the next isle...as they discussed it, inspected it and even asked a sales person the price. My heart was pounding as I willed them to put it down, PUT IT DOWN! After what seemed like an eternity they walked away. Probably to think it over and pick it up on the way out! 
That is the moment I swooped in, grabbed MY canvas and practically RAN to the checkout!
My apologies to the couple.  The yellow canvas will be perfect for you.

6 comments:

Alli said...

What an awesome piece. I stink at decorating.

Lizzy said...

Have done the circle routine a few times...its agony! Next time, if you like it - pick it up and carry it around.. Then you will KNOW FOR SURE you like it.

TJ said...

Love it! Very, very cool. Almost gear-like.

Anonymous said...

My philosophy when it is the last one...put it in MY cart and then if I decide not to take it, put it back...lucky girl! With my luck it would have been gone which is why it ALWAYS comes with me!
Angie

Betsy said...

Ooh, I love it!!! For which room?

Amber said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!