4/11/10

Progress toward the goal...

In case you have not yet noticed, I am quite serious about my goals for 2010.  I have spent the past 20 years making resolutions and never following through.  This year I wrote them down and published them here so that you all, yes YOU, can help to hold me accountable!

#10, Learn to Knit - I could have made the scarf, threw my hands up and said...DONE!  Because, technically I knitted, right?  Well, there is a lot more to tackle...like reading a pattern, for example, and following directions!  Eeek, I know!??!  So my next project, a dishcloth with a butterfly design, required me to do just that...follow a pattern.
I used Sugar 'n Cream, 100% cotton yarn and size 8 bamboo needles.  I only see my instructor occasionally at work, so casting on was up to me. I needed to figure it out on my own - with some help from videos on the Internet. (God bless the Internet!)
A quick 6 hours later I was finished and searching the Internet for casting off videos.
Taaa-da....the finished product!
Next up is Goal #6 - my least favorite, to run 2 miles without stopping. 
I have procrastinated on this one long enough...time to get cracking!  I am sick of feeling stiff and fat and lazy...not to mention the 20 year class reunion quickly approaching this summer!  I really don't want to win the fatty fat-fat award!  ;)  So, here we have a fully loaded Ipod, new shoes and a running program with my name written ALL over it...'The Couch to 5K Running Plan.'  Today was day one.  Whew.  I am really going to need your help and encouragement on this one...
And, as a reward - Sonic strawberry cream slush! 
DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
Food treats work with Tanner...
Have a great week!

2 comments:

The Talk Times said...

I'm all about a food treat! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

This is Mark - keep at the running, it really will get easier with time, but it takes a lot of practice!! While you are at it - read this list of articles. I love them - they are hilarious, and really describe the hell of starting up a running regimine!

The Newbie Chronicles (runners world)
http://www.runnersworld.com/subtopic/0,7123,s6-380-383-492-0,00.html