7/8/10

HURRY UP | and wait

Isn't that just how life is? You rush around, hustle & bustle only to wait.

I am not known for my patience...Mom used to sing a jingle to us er, me, when I was little about having patience.  Brian loves to remind me of this and asks me to sing the song on the rare occasions that I am being impatient.  I would say that I have a type A,  'drive thru' personality...I want to place my order, drive ten feet and pick it up! 
I've been thinking a lot lately about patience...or the apparent lack there of. 


"Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success."

~Brian Adams

2 comments:

TJ said...

Fitting post for me - I am very impatient this week!

Lizzy said...

Rare it is where you find speed helps bring the outcome wished for. If God could take 7 days to create the world - whats YOUR rush????