8/11/10

stream of consciousness...

There are a million and a half things circulating
in my thoughts right now. To do lists, ideas, plans,
schedules, lunch plans, parties, work and a sometimes
overwhelming side dish of uncertainty. 
Therefore, a stream of consciousness post is in order...

We received word that our paperwork has
finally been signed. Let the games begin! 
I have chosen a realtor. Home repairs are in full swing.
BSG has his new work schedule...the commute is killer,
but a required evil for the time being.
I hate the thought of being apart, but I must keep
things in perspective and an eye on the prize. 

I'm having an urge to craft...this and these are on my short list to try.
And speaking of crafty...my birthday present included a trip to the
mecca that is Ikea.  Good grief this place is amazing!  We picked up a
bookshelf & work table for my future craft room. 
I had been wishy-washy about what color furniture
to choose (black vs white). I finally decided to go with white. 
A clean, crisp palette in which to work from.
Pretty proud myself for going the frugal route
instead of dropping a boat load of cash on a desk
that I will inevitably spill paint on! 

Oh yeah, I mentioned my birthday - I turned 29 again this weekend!
We celebrated at a pool party with our friends. 
It was sort of a summer celebration/birthday/going away party. 
I got phone calls and texts and Facebook messages all day long & loved it!
When we were home last weekend, Angie made me a cake...
isn't it divine?  Angie & Betsy have been taking cake decorating classes
together and have become quite good at it! 


















At work we do 'primary nursing' where the nurse chooses
a patient and becomes their primary nurse for the
duration of the hospital stay. 
Considering some of our babies
stay in the hospital for months,
this is a real commitment-not to be taken lightly.
The last thing you want is to commit to some crazy family!  :)
My new primary baby is M. and her parents are so wonderful -
a bright spot in my long work day.  It is so refreshing to work with
parents who genuinely love their children and
have the baby's best interest at heart. 

I'm off to contact relo, send some emails, paint trim, clean,
laundry, make dinner...you know, the stuff life is made of...
BUT...I'm happier than a bird with a french fry!
Toodles!

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

I love you regardless of the time, age or moving condition...you're mine and I ain't given you back!!!!

Hugs and Happy Birthday once again