3/18/11

master bath progress

In the re-model cross hairs is the master bath...since day #1 the master bathroom carpet has been my nemesis. All the carpet upstairs, actually. El Yucko!  It was matted, the pad essentially gone and dirty. I realize that for a home builder carpet is an inexpensive alternative to tile, but carpet in a bathroom is just wrong. Wrong I say!!!
Before:
I really like the cabinets -
they are just in need of updated hardware and eventually granite tops
the door is to the potty closet
The potty closet -
...complete with linoleum
...the manufacturers sticker STILL on the toilet
...all one color
...lovely, no?
BSG and I picked out new tile for the master bath and carpet for the second floor.
The carpet is on order and should arrive by the end of the month.

During:
After:
So clean and fresh!
The potty closet...toilet sticker is gone and the walls are freshly painted in Ben Moore Bleeker Beige HC-80.
Bleeker was the winner - after much indecision and agony, and the awesome suggestion of my sister - as base paint color for the entire house.
I am still searching for the perfect rubbed bronze paper holder,  because, after all, the paper holder is an important choice!  I will choose an accent color once I find the perfect bedspread, quilt or duvet for the bed....it may be awhile.  ;)
New knobs, pulls and hinges = voila!
Next order of business is THIS crime against humanity....

4 comments:

TJ said...

Pearl's comment: Why would anyone take a picture of a toliet!?!?!?!!?

It's looking nice - great choice of tile!

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic! Angie

Betsy said...

What you have done looks fabulous! But I still can't wait to attack that wallpaper-

Lori said...

Oh wow the tile looks great! But, the wall paper...you don't think you should leave that one up??!