9/2/11

baby rachel

My {baby} sister announced at Christmas that our family would grow
by two feet come August.

Several months ago I asked permission to be present at the delivery.  I wanted to be there for several reasons - I have attended hundreds of deliveries as a nurse, but never as a family member and never of someone whom I loved.  I was living in Fort Worth and completely missed the birth of Emma, Madie, Jacob, Ryan and Matthew - that, my friends, is a LOT to miss!  I will {probably} never have a baby and I wanted to live vicariously. All that being said, Mark & Betsy graciously agreed and I was honored to be present when baby Rachel entered this world!!!
8 lb 1 oz and 20 inches long - perfection!
Just moments after her birth she was wide eyed and eager to see her new world!
I must say that my sister was a rockstar through labor and delivery...she rocked it.  So proud of you!
Ryan checking out his new wittle sishter. 
I gave this hanker chief to Betsy to carry on her wedding day - just add pink ribbon & presto, a baby bonnet!

Oh.my.gosh. I just want to squeeze her!
Look at that hair!!!





































A sincere 'thank you' to Mark & Betsy for allowing me to be part of such a special moment.
Honestly, this ranks high on the list of my most awesome life experiences.
I love you both & you make darn cute babies!  xoxo Thank YOU!



2 comments:

Betsy said...

*sniff, sniff* So glad you were able to be there, Aunt Shel! Love you too!

TJ said...

Great photos - I wish I had someone at my deliveries to take awesome photos. Daren isn't the best photographer. ;)