9/17/11

life is like riding a bicycle...

As promised, hummingbird photos - courtesy of BSG.
This is a female ruby throated hummingbird, on loan for just a short time as they pass through Missouri headed for a warm winter in Mexico.  These little birds are ah.maz.ing.  They are a mere 3 inches tall, weigh 1/8 of an ounce, can fly up to 60 mph and migrate up to 500 miles! Another fun fact - they lay 2 peanut sized eggs!  I am completely enamored with these fine little creatures - I have been diligent about changing the nectar in their feeders every three days and they have rewarded my efforts by continuing to visit.
Please continue to enjoy the pictures as I ramble on...
I actually have been busy, although you'd never know it by what I have been blogging lately! I have hesitated posting because I absolutely love getting on here and seeing the baby Rachel post - one of my favorites!  *insert baby talk here* So cute, no?
This week BSG and I did some work outside - new mulch, a couple of stepping stones strategically placed, trimmed the out of control willow bushes that threatened to swallow up the deck and replaced some rotten wood on said deck.  BSG intends to stain the deck yet this fall, sounds like a big project to me!
Floor to ceiling windows line the entire west side of this house...gorgeous, life affirming sunshine pours in and I love it!  The maid got busy and cleaned those windows inside AND out this week - before you get excited, the maid is me - yup, I do windows.
The cook had one epic fail with her attempt at sweet & sour chicken - um, yucky.  And one epic win with taco soup - before you get excited, the cook is also me! 
BSG and I purchased our very first piece of antique furniture in a small table for the entry - details to follow.





































I found this poster on Pinterest.
Oh my gosh, I am addicted!
I'm busy moving...trying to find my balance...I hope to share details on that soon!

1 comment:

sarah said...

those photos are stunning! my parents get hummers at their house - it's always so fun to watch them.

isn't pinterest amazing?! love.