3/13/12

-- balance --

Do you ever sit down in silence, let out a deep breath and over analyze?
You do? Yeah, me too.
I've been over analyzing so hard lately my ears are smoking.
Starting a new job - the second new job in a year and a half, by the way, is all consuming.  All my energy has been focused on learning a new normal, being 'nice' and having superficial conversations. Don't get me wrong, I am quite happy with the work and ever so thankful to have a job.  But...there is always a but, isn't there?  The lack of any substantial relationship and the snails pace it takes to actually create a relationship is making me so incredibly homesick for my Texas work family.  No one ever accused me of being the patient kind.

So, in order to achieve some balance, this is the plan...
~Girls trip to the beach with my Texas buddies in April!!!
~I am on the hunt for a good church, preferably one that has a women's bible study.  I have found there is nothing like studing the bible to achieve balance.
~I have submitted an application to volunteer with the English Springer Spaniel Rescue.  I hope this works into my crazy night shift schedule.  I have some other options, but this is by far my #1 choice.  The volunteer sites are chuck full of opportunities with hospice - I'm just not up for that, ick.
~I want to get crafty in my fancy smancy studio, after all my little Miss Rachel is in need of a baby book! 
~And if all else fails, spring cleaning is also on the list! 

How do you find a balance between work/life? Suggestions welcome!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

It has been a long time that I have had balance in my own life, but it always helps me to see my dear friend make such decisive choices and watch her ROCK the world with them! You have always been an inspiration to me, dear friend!

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.- Albert Einstein