5/21/12

okay, okay, okay...

...I am out of control! I have a hankering to revamp, redo, redecorate!
Realistic, um, no. 
So, I decided to start small - the laundry room is small and seemed like a good place to start.
The Before: I had this Longaberger poster framed in 1999 - yes, that is right...1999.  OMG.  I loved it then and have for years, but I am OVER it - um, bye-bye.  Additionally,  I am tired of decorating only with baskets and the rug is completely not in proportion.


After:
I skipped over to Hobby Lobby this morning and chose the most colorful poster 'art' I could find - hey, if you have to do laundry, might should make it fun, no? 


















Then I set out to redo the shelf...
And after much trial & error this is what I've come up with...
1. BSG bought this for me at an antique store a while ago. Originally it was an ugly rust color - after one coat of paint in a can - voila!
2. I normally buy frames in black, so red was really stepping out! 
3. Antique medicine bottle from Iowa + Ball jars + white buttons.
4. White flower stems -aka- Christmas decorations!
5. Photo's from along my journey - Disneys Epcot & the Dominican Republic beach
I reused, recycled and shopped my home - just like my beloved Nate Berkus suggests.  I'm pretty happy with the results - what do y'all think?

In progress - the master bedroom|bathroom. 


3 comments:

TJ said...

Love it! I have to admit the one downside of a newly built house is there is nothing to redo.

Betsy said...

I love it! Very cheerful. Not tired.Fabulous!

Lizzy said...

VERY pretty! Wanna do mine? Hugs!