7/29/12

A Cherry on the Top!

This blog and I have had a love|hate relationship lately.  My desire to write posts is low, my desire to take photos with my fancy schmancy camera, even lower. The only shots I've taken are with my phone + instagram...and although they are fun, they just do not have the same effect.  However, I am not ready to give up blogging and I'm certain inspiration will come again...eventually.



































BSG and I took a quick trip to the Minneapolis-St Paul area as a mini vacation. 
This is Spoonbridge and Cherry @ the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
This is the pink eyeball wallpaper at the museum...yup, it was creepy. 
BSG on the Great Northern engine #400...because most vacations involve trains! 
I was loving the look of this vintage cruiser - dang it was hot this day - the heat + humidity made the twin cities feel quite tropical!




































In the heat of July it is easy to forget the reality of a Minnesota winter...
this hydrant "attachment" is so that they can FIND IT in shoulder deep snow!
Um, yeah...no thanks!

We knocked around for a few days...skipped the Mall of America in favor of IKEA...shopped the adorable little village of Sweetwater, MN and drove the scenic St. Croix river valley.  We spent some quality time with my folks, bought sweet corn off the corner and soaked up the wonderful-ness of home.

I am SO in love with this baby.  She be sweet enough to eat!

Remember my dark and twisty road...well, it ended at the endodontist...
with a root canal. 
Endodontists get a bad rap.
Mine is a Prince.
I love him, it's true, I really do. 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like a nice (but hot!) getaway! how crazy are those fire hydrant extensions/markers... no thank you, indeed! ;)