10/3/07

I'm feeling lucky today...this morning I was cancelled at work due to low census! Yipeee! So, I spent the day doing household chores in preparation for our upcoming trip...you know, the routine: laundry, cleaning, checkbook. Tuesday was two [ 2 ] weeks smoke free! *deep.cleansing.breath*

Do any of you "greenthumbs" out there know what this plant is?

It comes back every year under our bedroom window. It really is quite pretty with purple, trumpet shaped flowers.

At first I thought I was crazy. Then I thought the plant was somehow electrified, because when you water this purple people eater it zaps at you! No, I am serious. Upon further investigation...I discovered that when you water it actually makes the buds pop off! See the forked part of the stem in the above picture? That is where a bud popped off. Weird, huh?

This is the third year for our NICU diaper drive. I was in charge of making the flyers and raffle tickets...these are the info packets I made for my fellow team members. Girlie pink frame I made for our new niece...Megan. Halloween goodie bags for the kiddo's!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Cute Creations!!! Love the frame. So cute. Like the diaper pin touch on the tags and love the Halloween gift bags!!! These are very cute. Fun!

Alison said...

I KNEW you were behind those diaper drive envelopes ( I saw Jen's the other night)!1!! WeeHoo for getting canceled and making super cute crafty projects!

Anonymous said...

Love the Crafty frame, crafty girl!! Bet my sweet Dolly would like one of those, since her mother doesn't do "crafts"!! Hint, Hint!!! :) Thank goodness she has you in her life!! Bet the lungs are still loving the fresh air!! Happy and safe travels!! Can hardly wait to talk to you when you get home and to see your fall "craft" book full of pics!! Love, Carri