12/9/07

The Great White Hunter...

This was me today...
I chose the most perfect Douglas Fir I could find...and as I type, he is 'relaxing' in his new stand. I prefer the Douglas because of his soft, fine branches & sweet aroma.
I'm hiding the Christmas Pickle again this year...might be hard to find in this dense foliage! There is a special 'Pickle Picker' gift for the lucky winner who finds the pickle first!

This year we decided to do a themed tree, for a change of pace. Our tree is usually an eclectic collection of ornaments gathered over the last 35 years. You know, the Sunday school creations and hand painted do-dads grade schoolers make! :)

Brian suggested silver & blue...

{I was amazed he did not chose RED as he bleeds Nebraska Cornhusker red!}

...so silver & blue it is!

We are super excited to have family at our house for Christmas this year!!! My Mom & Dad will be here to celebrate with us the week before Christmas...so much fun! Later this week: let the baking and sweet treat making begin!!! Oh yeah, baby!

1 comment:

Loreluca said...

need to post the pix. I so wanted to change my tree this year, but there was no chance. Maybe next year. What may never change is my banking skills. I am baking challenged!