2/7/08

back on the blog....

I have sat down to blog about the past two weeks on several occasions and each time I gave up and thought, maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow is here. This is the Readers Digest version of events.... Brian went on a week long trip to Iowa {for work} the day after Bailey was diagnosed. Grandma passed away three days later. I got into a 'disagreement' with my boss regarding the bereavement policy. American Airlines was fabulous and quite sympathetic to my loss. They booked me on a non-stop flight at a wow! fare. {Sad when the airline shows you more sympathy than certian others...} My sick puppy had to go to the kennel for almost a week...not ideal, but it had to be that way. Did I mention Brian was gone? Oh yeah, that sucked. I flew home. Brians wonderful employer allowed him to completely change his plans, move his vacation up a week, keep the rental car AND change his flight. Then he {the boss} called to get an address as to where he could send flowers!!!! Yeah, cool. Brian & I met up FINALLY in Des Moines. We celebrated Grandma on Thursday evening and laid her to rest on Friday. She looked beautiful. Finally she was at peace & with great lip stick! {you'd have to know Gram, but she would have appreciated that!} I hugged a whole bunch of people that I hadnt seen in years. I loved on my nieces and nephew. I broke out in the biggest cold sore EVER. Lucky for me, I know me & packed my medicine. Michelle+Stress=Cold Sore. I ate more ham sandwiches than I thought humanly possible. I drove in freezing rain/sleet back to Des Moines...my winter driving skills are rusty, at best. And as a parting gift...I contracted a head cold from hell. Do not worry. All is not lost. There were some good times & laughter...

Early morning PJ party

snowball fun...

The kids...the picture is blurry because nobody would sit still!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the midwest! I am sorry about your grandma. Glad that Brian could finally meet up. About the boss thing, been there done that, you can't win! Miss you lots my friend. Give me a call, we need to catch up!

Dana

Lizzy said...

So glad you are back with us and especially after such a rough week of events. You have been missed, prayed about, and loved from a distance....Welcome back Darlin!

Loreluca said...

I was just about to ask you how was your grammy doing. I'm so sorry to hear of her parting. Surely Heaven gained a new angel!
So nice about Brian's boss! And so sorry yours gave you a hard time. But all in all, seems like it all worked out, one way or another!
Many blessings to you, my blogger friend. :-*