12/6/09

The BIG Game

I had to do some fast talking to convince Bri to get tickets to the Big 12 game.
I wanted to go for several reasons:
1. To hoot for the Huskers!!!
2. To experience the sparkly new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.
3. This season we have traveled 9 hours to Lincoln and 2 hours to Waco - why would we miss a game 20 miles away?

I must be convincing or he wanted to go as much as I did because it wasnt but 3 days and we had tickets!

Our tickets came from the University of Nebraska -
we were surrounded by red people!


Here in Cowboy Country we have been hearing lots of hype about this fancy new stadium.
 The accommodations really are deluxe...generously sized-cushioned seats, plenty of restrooms, great views-even from the 300 section and an abundance of friendly staffers to help with directions.
Parking/Traffic was a challenge, but I expected that.

Speaking of parking...check this out.
 (you may have to click the picture and enlarge it)
There are vehicles on display up there!
I wish we could have parked there!  :)

And the much talked about video screen -
160 feet long and 70 feet high.
Impressive.  I had to remind myself to watch the field!
A friend on Facebook commented that it looks
like he is blowing me a kiss!
------------------------------------------------------------------
* Warning - sensitive UT readers may want to stop now! *

I went to this game with relatively low expectations. 
The #3 ranked Longhorns vs the #22 ranked Cornhuskers; I was hopeful but realistic.
I was prepared for a loss.
I hoped the Huskers would play hard and avoid a blow out on the scoreboard. 
The Huskers exceeded all of my expectations...
they not only showed up but they played their hearts out.
BOOOYA to all the nay sayers who called this a creampuff, easy game...
Never underestimate the POWER of RED.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Now, regarding our completely overrated opponent, a few questions...
 -- If you are a undefeated team, ranked #3, with National Title aspirations...why did this game against a #22 ranked team come down to the final second AND an offical review? 

 -- Shouldn't a #3 ranked team be capable of domination and better clock management in the final minute? 

-- Does a #3 ranked team allow their QB to get sacked NINE times?

-- Does a Heisman trophy candidate throw THREE interceptions?

-- Does a portion of tuition go toward the Referee Reimbursement fund?

I feel in-appropriately passionate about this and I apologize in advance.
I love you - my Texas friends - and hope we can agree to disagree on this subject.
That is all.  I'm done.  Thank you.

3 comments:

TJ said...

Looks like you had a great time! Maybe ISU will be there next year.... ha ha ha.

~ Tara

Lizzy said...

You should hear the rumblings back here about that whole thing....UGLY!!!! But glad you got to go anyway.

Alison said...

We got lucky, that is for sure, friend. I can't say we deserved that win, and it makes me sad. However, I am happy we have a chance to redeem our #3 reputation in Pasadena. Glad you had fun with all your Red friends. XxOo!!!


PS: The security "word" I have to type to post this comment is "peettles." I don't know why, but it just made me giggle and I would like "peettles" to become a real word. What a fun word!!! What should it mean, I wonder? We may need to discuss this further.