2/6/10

walking tour / deep ellum

Hello my friends!  I swear I have not forgotten you - not a lot going on around here lately, pretty status quo...which is good.
Today BSG and I took a little road trip over to Dallas.  Now, typically I would choose to go west out of Fort Worth.  I much prefer to spend a day off out in the countryside far away from the hustle & bustle that is the DFW metroplex.  However, today we braved the millions of other folks and ventured to an area of downtown Dallas called Deep Ellum.
Please join me on a mini walking tour...
Deep Ellum's rich history dates back to the 1800's. 
Today it is known as an entertainment district -
bars, restaurants, live music venues, jazz, art and plenty of graffiti.

Day of the Dead Catrina inviting you stop & eat at the Taco Lounge.
Graffiti - everywhere.
Adairs Saloon
BSG and I spent some time here, back in our Speedtrucker days!
*more about that later*
Love this!!! 
BSG in front of a T&P (Texas & Pacific Railroad) ghostsign.
BSG found our snack money in a puddle!
Time together + lunch + a camera + shopping = the perfect day!
Next on the walking tour - The Traveling Man.

No comments: