6/30/10

DOGgonit!

The urban dictionary defines Doggonit as-
'an expression of showing mild or high frustration.'

Tanner and I are highly frustrated. 
Tanner gets a walk twice a day. {on a leash, btw.}
We walk for the exercise,
we walk to get some fresh air,
we walk to expend extra puppy energy
and lets be honest here...to poop.
{which I pick up & carry in a bag}

We are frustrated because on our evening
walks we are frequently accosted by a
fat, aggressive, golden retriever who
runs towards us at full speed, barking
and growling like he intends to rip out our
throats...and trailing behind him is his
Scottie sidekick.

It happened again last night...
the fat retriever came at us and the
owner stood there and
did nothing to stop him, NOTHING!
I was so doggone mad!
Even though we were almost home,
I turned Tanner around and we back tracked
to avoid dismemberment.

I have had it with these people. 
They are bad pet owners and horrible neighbors.
Letting your animal run free on the street is NOT
okay, in fact it is against the law.
If your animal needs to run -
get off your fat ass, get a leash and walk him!!

That was the final straw for me and last night
I filed an 'aggressive dog' complaint via the
city's animal control website. 
First thing this morning I received an email saying
an officer will be dispatched to the location.

I will not allow these bullies to deter us from
walking in our neighborhood.
You are either part of the problem...
or part of the solution.

4 comments:

The Talk Times said...

Amen sista!

wovedog said...

hey, mg -
I definitely agree with you on this. at the very least, if a dog is allowed to be unrestrained, he should be a FRIENDLY one!

btw, tanner-buddy looks great! I know that you are giving him every bit of lovin' that he deserves...

jb

Carri said...

OMG!! Dying laughing!! This is hilarious!!!! :) Thanks for the laugh Shel. Sorry at your expense and you are angry, but it made me laugh and smile! I can hear you saying it ALL!!!! :)

Sharon Brown said...

My Dad claims that if you open up an umbrella really fast in a dogs face it freaks them out and scares them away. I think you should walk with an umbrella tomorrow. I'd be really, really mad at any dog that was mean to that cute dog of yours. He is so cute!