9/23/10

Boxes, boxes, everywhere!
The packing was done around three
and half of my life is loaded into the rig.
I'm sitting in the bedroom,
because the sofa is shrink wrapped.
Literally.
I have left-overs in the fridge,
but no fork.
The silverware is packed.
This is my last night here at the house.
I'm having a 'moment' and lucky for you,
you're invited to participate. 


This house has been sold. 
It has been ours for 8 years + many memories.
This will be my last night here, ever.

This is our new house.
We've owned it for seven hours.
{at the time of this writing}
Full of promise and potential;
...and with time, it will become our home.

I'd like to poll the audience...
In your opinion, what is more difficult...firsts or lasts?

7 comments:

The Talk Times said...

Driving away will be hard! I cried when we left the white house for the last time. But I have a feeling you will be feeling more anticipation by about Oklahoma City! The excitement of new adventures with Bri will win out!

Staci said...

In my opinion lasts. Firsts are full of promise, expectation, excitement. Lasts- I am just not that good at. Love the new house- hoping soon it will become home for you.

TJ said...

I like the new house! Can't wait to see interior photos. *hint* *hint*

Andrea said...

I usually find firsts harder than lasts, at least when I think of moving, but I'm in a much different situation than you. I move into a house expecting to move out again within a couple years or so, so "lasts" are anticipated from the very beginning. Hoping to be in a similar situation to you sooner rather than later--our house is on the market! Not a lot of movement around here right now, though... :-(

Joan said...

Huh - I'd say it's an even split between the two, especially if they come together.

Joan said...

btw - eagerly awaiting a photo tour of the new place and that craft room ;) excited for you and congrats and condolances all together :)

Brittany said...

First are harder...definitely! I miss seeing you at work. I want to plan a trip to see you once you get all settled in:)