10/1/10

We have arrived!

We took possession of our new home Sunday afternoon...
right around the time Sylvia and I rolled into town.
BSG promised Sylvia a one-way plane ticket if she would  
make the 8 hour drive from Ft. Worth to KC with me.























I am SO thankful to have such an incredible friend.
In true Sylvia fashion, she jumped in and joined
me in the cleaning festivities.  I'd still be cleaning the
darned kitchen if it wasn't for her help!
This was no vacation...we had the major areas
(kitchen & baths) spic & span before the big rig 
arrived early Tuesday morning.

The kitchen was the first order of business.
For me, if the kitchen is in order somehow the rest of the house
doesn't seem to matter as much...
One of my favorite things about the house - lots of kitchen cabinets,
plenty of counter space and an island.  Loooove it!
You take the good with the bad sometimes...and this house
is no exception.  I'm not in loooove with the pastel green
counter tops, the cabinet pulls or the wallpaper, but with time
I will transform this house just like I did in Ft. Worth. 
I have already picked up my Pottery Barn Fall 2010 paint deck...

Atlas Van Lines moved us...
Kevin (the driver) and his crew were top notch. 
100% impressed with their professionalism and expertise. 
Our goods traveled over 500 miles with nothing broken, nothing!
Sadly, there was one casualty...and of coarse it had to be Grandma's china.
The coffee cup that I dropped on the floor.  *curses*

1 comment:

TJ said...

Glad you made it! Have fun unpacking.