10/10/10

What have I been up to, you ask?

The first room to be completed was the laundry room.
While Sylvia was here we quickly painted before the
washer & dryer arrived. 
It was in need of some serious cleaning - the detergent splatters
on the walls and the giant dryer bunnies had to go! 
Here it is now...all freshly painted, clean and accented with
Longaberger. This room is on the upper level, conveniently
located across the hall from the master bedroom.



















I've been watching some HGTV lately and I have been inspired to
try my hand at spray paint.  Easy.  No?





YES!  This little gem I picked up months ago used to be black!
I left the clothes pins black; partly because I was unsure how they
would cover with paint & partly because I thought they would look
cool, and they do...


The next room scheduled for a make over: the studio. 
Clearly, the most important room in the house!  *wink*
I trotted over to Benjamin Moore and picked out paint.
Seafoam Blue...in keeping with the Turquoise & Tangerine theme.
I spent 3 days painting...ceiling, walls, closet and trim...all fresh & new!!!
I was more than a little uncertain about my color choice at first...it turned
out a little, um, bright.  I teased BSG that we needed a sign on the door
warning pregnant women & people with pacemakers to use caution!
After some consideration, I have decided to stick with my choice
and after spending some time in there, I do believe I like it! 
My 'helper' monitors the activities on the street.
Just a sneak peak for you sneaky Pete's out there!
Stay tuned for the big reveal...coming soon!

4 comments:

TJ said...

Lookin' good!

The Talk Times said...

It coming together! Can't wait to see more pictures!

believe it or not...it's just me said...

wow--- sounds like you have really been busy!!can't wait to see all of the finished results.

Lizzy said...

I like it so far.....can't wait to see the rest of it!!! Hugs