12/2/10

I'm alive! In case you were wondering...

Hi Ho, spaghetti-o!
Sorry for the hiatus, I've been busy
with Christmas preparations!  Yay!
BSG and I made a date to pick up
a tree Saturday and to decorate on Sunday.
Exciting to decorate a new place - still pondering
exterior lights.
I've decided to go with gift bags this year...
no boxes, no wrapping -
easy, simple, done!
We have a good start on the shopping, but
there is still plenty to do!

The other project occuping much of my time...
the ginormous 'manual' that is NICU orientation.
NRP recertification, checklists and competencies...oh my! 

There has been no white stuff in KC yet,
but the tempuratures are a mite chilly
and the wind....eeck!
I resorted to a stocking cap
and a Carhart -
certianly not the pinnacle of fashion,
but at least I'll be warm! 

I think the prozac has started working -
for Tanner, not me, FYI.  ;)
We have had several really good days.

We have been working on breaking this cycle of panic and co-dependence.
Some really smart 'dog' people (whom are blessings to us)
have suggested some techniques and behavior modifications.
The behaviors being modified are more ours than Tanners.
"The greatest fear dogs know is the fear that you will not
come back when you go out the door without them."
         ~Stanley Coren, dog psychologist

1 comment:

TJ said...

Glad to see you are alive! ;)