4/13/11

Happy Color

My craft studio color scheme was meant to be turquoise & tangerine. As I look around there is precious little tangerine and loads of turquoise. So, my goal lately has been to add some Tangerine to my life! 

I am in love with these paper lanterns I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  They add to the whimsy of the room and a much needed jolt of tangerine! 

I wish it was appropriate to hang them in *every* room!  That is how much i like 'em!

Another small dose of Tangerine came in the form of these storage boxes from Ikea. Have you been to Ikea...? That place rocks my world! Seriously.

BSG is all about birds lately...see the latest photos here.  The folks at our local bird store informed us that the Hummingbirds & Baltimore Orioles should be arriving in the area this week. In hopes of luring them to *our* birdie buffet I put up a Hummingbird feeder...this one attaches to the window with suction cups and has some very neat features.  The outer plastic ring is a water moat to keep ants from invading the nectar. A interesting tip the bird experts shared with me is that if you only fill the red part half way full of nectar (basically just sugar & water) then the bees & wasps cannot get their little 'tongues' (?) into the feeding ports but the Hummingbirds can!  Super thinking, huh?  And for the Orioles...I have placed halved oranges on the hook ends of the wrought iron hangers.  If we can attract them to our buffet I plan to add some grape jelly for desert! 


I have always wanted one of these straw dispensers!!!  Silly?  Maybe. 
The swirl of unexpected color reminds me of a carnival or the long gone Dutch Treat ice cream shoppe in my Grandma's home town.  Happy.  Just happy.
Find some color in your day & be HAPPY!

5 comments:

TJ said...

The Dutch Treat.... now THAT is a blast from the past!

believe it or not...it's just me said...

hmmm, I know of something that has a little bit of orange on it's beaks or is it yellow? either way, would look GREAT in that beautiful fun room of yours!
it was great seeing you the other day! miss you

Betsy said...

Fabulous color!!!

Sylvia said...

Great job with the tangerine, friend! And with the Dallas pics! Love ya.

Alex said...

These are really artsy and fun. Check out my music blog which will cover a lot of the same stuff in the future. Keep it up!