5/16/11

a million miles of memories | an evening with Bon Jovi

A couple of months ago my sis, Angie, called...
"do you want to go to a Bon Jovi concert?" 
Um,  Does a bear shit in the woods?  YES!!! 
---
Thursday evening my sisters and I headed to downtown Des Moines' Court Avenue for a pre-concert dinner and cocktails @ Dos Rios.
It would seem that all women aged 30-40 in the tri-state area were in downtown Des Moines Thursday night! 
Set list:

Lost Highway
You Give Love a Bad Name
Born to Be My Baby
We Weren't Born to Follow
Runaway
Its My Life
Work for the Working Man
We Got It Goin On
Bad Medicine
Lay Your Hands On Me
(I Want to) Make A Memory
Bed of Roses
I'll Be There For You
Who Says You Can't Go Home
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Blood on Blood
Have A Nice Day
Keep the Faith

Encore: After MUCH screaming/chanting/begging!

When We Were Beautiful
Wanted Dead or Alive
Someday I'll be Saturday Night
Livin on a Prayer
 
Photo Credit: Joshua Boyer: Special to MetroMix






































Sadly, guitarist Richie Sambora had entered rehab, missing the Des Moines stop of the tour.  However, the rest of the band rallied and ROCKED the HOUSE!!!  All Jon had to do was flash that boyish grin and all was forgiven!  *swoon*  He played for 2 hours straight - in all his sweaty/hot glory putting on a booty shaking show for all the middle aged gals in the crowd!  :) 
I love these girls so much!  Thanks for making a memory with me! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's Jane Berman. Miss you Michelle. Bon Jovi, wow he looks good! What is his secret?