9/16/08

I *heart* my friends...

This week, September 18 @ approx. 7 pm, I will celebrate 365 days of sobriety.
I have been toxin free & smelling great for an entire year now!
Wine isn't a toxin, is it? Oh and the smelly part...well, anyway...
In honor of my freedom, my fantastic friends organized a potluck fiesta...
We can fiesta like no other, just so ya know...
just part of the party...somebody had to watch the babies!
Please note the 60 thread count bed linens/table cloth.

'Pharmacy, this is Elaine,' supplied the candy cigarettes! After I gave an in-service to the novice about the red end being the hot end...we smoked. All-righty then...a couple of notes regarding this photo~starting on the left...

  • Amie + smoke=asthma attack=emergency room
  • Jane & I had a 'smokey treat' kind of day together yesterday!
  • Me- 'memories...all alone in the moonlight...'
  • Velma's ready for her mug/thug shot!
  • Michell-entirely too happy...maybe she got one of the 'special' cigarettes?
  • Lori-oh sweet little friend is holding her hand BACKWARDS - clearly a novice.
  • Jenn-rockin the candy smoke!
  • Sylvia/event planner/BFF.
  • Jaime-Respiratory Manager/non-smoker/appears to have forgotten her dentures!

I'm not sure what the right words are that could begin to express my gratitude. I am so very, very blessed to be surrounded by the most wonderful & caring friends on this earth!!!

so here is is as simple as I can get it...THANK YOU & I LOVE YOU.

Those fan-tab-u-lus friends got me a gift card to spend here. Yup, I told you they were cool!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Congrats! You are lucky to have great friends! I know those of us up north are just as proud!

Betsy said...

Congrats on 1 year!!! We are SO proud of you. What a great reason to celebrate. Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm stealing your pictures and adding them to my facebook!

SO PROUD! Love you!

(and considering my dad smokes, you think I'd know how to hold a cigarette - or spell cigarette)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are leaving for Neb and you already posted those pics! you are so on the ball. In the smoking pic, clearly you and I are the only ones who know what they are doing. Geez, I can't stop laughing at Michelle and Lori. Velma looks so mean!! What fun that was! Congratulations Jane

TJ said...

Congrats on one year!

Tara

believe it or not...it's just me said...

so proud of you! congrats! the group pic is a CLASSIC!