9/30/08

Ramblin Fever

I have been humming Merle Haggard's Ramblin Fever for about an hour now...so, I thought I'd share it {the song} and my mental ramblings with you....your welcome. :) Hum on.
It would appear that 'bloggin fever' has claimed another victim...please welcome my sister, aka, The Daily Read . Show her some love & leave a comment!

Remember this post...when I was hoping that THEY would accept me? Well, after a few hoops & legalities, I was accepted into the Big Brothers Big Sisters program! You would have thought I was buying a new car with all the paperwork I had to sign; but it was sooooo worth it when I met my "Little." Is she not THE most adorable thing you have EVER seen! OH, let the fun begin! I am taking a crash course in the modern 7 year old ~ I even borrowed a Hannah Montana CD from a friend at work with a daughter this age...I wanna be a hip-wow-now "Big." Can I get a little help here? ANYONE with suggestions/activities/ideas please contact me! "Stones of the Heart"

...is the name of the bible study that I am attending. I missed last week because we were out of town, but I will not be missing again. The class was FABULOUS! I am so excited. Sitting there tonight I got the feeling that I was surrounded by greatness.

This weekend is the long awaited girlfriends trip & tomorrow is prep day...laundry, pedicure, packing. I can't wait to visit a new place & spend quality time with old friends!

4 comments:

Staci said...

I am glad your back, I miss your blog updates. I hope you have a rewarding experience with your new little sister, she is SO lucky to have such a cool big sister.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have a service that alerts me to new blog postings so I don't have to keep checking them. I noticed on your sidebar it looks like I CONSTANTLY check your blog. I think the service is doing that.I'm not a stalker. Ha Ha. I can tell you what 6-7 year old boys are into (in case she's a tomboy): Star Wars, Transformers, Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, Magic Tree House and Scooby Doo books, Ben 10, sports (especially football). Luke thinks girls are gross, so she probably thinks boys are, too. Hope this helps. I'll ask Luke what the girls in his class are in to.
Tonya

TJ said...

Wow - love the new header. That is kick-azz photo. Compliment Brian for me.

I don't know much about 7 year old girls, but Webkinz still seem to be quite the roar in K-1.

Tara

Betsy said...

She is a beautiful little girl!!! You could no doubt teach her your perfected art of the manicure. And you could do some crafts and make halloween cards or treat bags or whatever. Girls love glitter and ribbon! Have fun on your trip...I am jealous that you get to go to the beach!!!