4/11/09

the fastest road trip...

We headed out late Wednesday morning - destination - Grand Island, Nebraska.
Brian's little brother graduated from the police academy on
Thursday & we wanted to be there! ( + we love a road trip! )
Here are a few signs along the way....
I believe I have mentioned Robertson's before...
I love them!
( isn't it funny how a sandwich always tastes
better when someone else makes it for you? )
The BEST ham sandwiches are in Marietta, Oklahoma.
Don't forget to pick up some pepperoni sticks also...
I guess this is a sign that BSG was hungry! :)
clever water towers in Pratt, Kansas Aurora, Nebraska
Also in Aurora :: I positively love this ghost sign...
the owl, the brick, the colors...it works for me!
While motoring through the countryside occasionally you smell things.
Hey, I am a country girl, raised on a hog farm. I know stink.
This particular odor just kept hanging
on and on and on...until I realized the source!
We were following a manure spreader!
( why it is best not to tail gate in the country!! )
fabulous vintage in Grand Island, Nebraska
up next :: why I want a bird.......

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Come on, I want to know why you want a bird!!!