8/8/09

birthday girl

This beauty is just out of the oven...so warm & golden brown! I love to peel the crispy layers off the top & eat 'em! ~ so good, so good ~ Mom makes Angel Food birthday cake FROM SCRATCH, (the scratch recipe calls for a dozen eggs! Yowza!) but since she is in Iowa & I am in Texas - boxed angel food will have to do! As I type, angel is cooling, suspended upside down on a bottle of Kikoman.
Bri & I dig the trivia game & the buffalitos over at Buffalo Wild Wings. We play trivia as a team-guess what our name is?
Funny how almost all of my celebration involves food...the diet MUST resume on monday! Last night we celebrated my birthday...Brian chose our dinner destination - a surprise for me.
(Pictured is Camp Bowie, a beautiful brick boulevard in a historic portion of Fort Worth)
At this point my curiosity was peaked...
We enjoyed a delightfully romantic atmosphere & fabulous Italian cuisine at Sardines.

Then we went out on the town to prove that I am not too old to get down!

oh, Fort Worth, I love you.

6 comments:

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday to my OLDER Sis! Love you!!! Have a great day.

TJ said...

Looks like an awesome time! Happy Birthday!

ragray said...

I'll bake that cake when you're home:) Happy Bithday!

The Talk Times said...

Looks like fun...Happy Birthday!

Lizzy said...

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

Alli said...

I hope you have a wonderful birthday!