1/16/10

tanner trouble

You may remember this post.
Tanner is the canine equivalent to Henry Houdini.
I purchased this extra tall tension gate in a futile attempt to contain him
while we are away.
{Clearly, this photo is backwards, as I am in the kitchen and he is not, but you get the idea.}


Tanner has had free rein of the house since the great kennel escape of '08.
I was good with free rein, as long as he behaves - which for the most part he has/does.
However, lately I have been finding spots where he has chosen to mark urine. 
Not cool. 
This unleashes a side of me that is not becoming.
The ocd, clean freak side. It gets ugly. Trust me.
We have used the gate three times this week...two of which he escaped.  He is smart and persistent.  Tanner figured out that all you have to do with a tension gate is push hard/long enough to release the tension and the door pops open.

Why is he doing this, you ask?  Wish I could tell you. 
He is a boy. 
He has been fixed. 
He gets walked twice a day.
I have NEVER caught him in the act. 
Seperation anxiety?

So, today I plan to return the gate and I am considering another kennel.
Suggestions welcome.

No comments: