3/26/10

Recipe | Ranch Chicken Salad

I got this recipe from Bill Phillips, Eating For Life cookbook.
Light, crunchy and loaded with fresh flavor -
we really liked this recipe! 
I used pre-cooked Tyson Fajita chicken (no mess & super easy).
I also added a sprinkle of cheese and a side of tortilla chips.

Ranch Chicken Salad:
1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
1/4 cup low fat sour cream
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 lime, halved
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 lb cooked chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1 can black beans 15 oz
1 can whole kernel corn 11 oz
1 red pepper, diced
1/2  red onion, chopped
lettuce

In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, cumin and ground red pepper.  Stir in chicken, beans, corn, bell pepper and onion.
Divide lettuce evenly amoung four plates and top with a portion of chicken salad.
Serves 4

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Mmm-I'm gonna try that.

Anonymous said...

mmm, sounds and looks good. can't believe I missed your RAK. hope you are feeling better soon, my friend!!
love, kelly