4/2/10

Knitting 101

This is my beautiful co-worker and friend, Carla.  
I call her LaLa.
She also happens to be my knitting instructor.
I had my first lession at work on Jan 1st.
Pretty snappy of me don't you think?
I was getting a quick start on that new years 'to do' list!
Lala started me out with this pink yarn,
circular bamboo needles
and instructed me to go home and practice.
So I did.
I could see improvement fairly quickly...
{the improvement is on the left...FYI}
After some practice, I purchased 2 skeins of red yarn.
I am not fond of practicing.  I was anxious to get started and
a scarf is the logical choice for new knitters.
Maybe my adversion to practicing is why
I never mastered the piano...? 
I would prefer to skip the novice stage and skip right to expert!

Amazing that this yarn...
Could be transformed into this scarf...
By little 'ol me! 
The only bummer is that I finished the scarf just in time
for spring & have to wait until the fall to really enjoy it.
The scarf was made exclusively with the knit stitch. 
I am working to perfect my purl. 
There you have it...the first chapter in my knitting story...
To Be Continued...

4 comments:

Betsy said...

It is lovely!!!

Carla ( lala) said...

gee you are a great story teller! and now an accomplished knitter too! :)

Erika said...

Nice Job!! I'm impressed by your promptness in finishing your project. I started a blanket about a month ago and then lost interest, you may have just inspired me again:) Thanks, Michelle!!

The Halls said...

The scarf turned out perfect!! Can't wait to see your next project:)