10/28/10

The Studio | Chapter One

It all started with paint - the ceiling, walls, and trim.
BSG insisted that we re-vamp this room first...I know, I know, I'm spoiled.
* Love him *
I wasn't so sure of my paint choice at first...but I've
grown to love it. I think it is good to step out of the comfort
zone occasionally!

Next up - the flooring - chestnut hickory - purchased and installed by Lowes.
I love the dark, rich, almost coffee bean color and the variations in the wood grain.
I considered going darker, but BSG talked me out of it - good call.


Here is the wide angle view from the doorway.
To the left, above the light switch,  
I framed this super cute print that I got from  here
My friend, the flying pig, monitors the doorway and makes a good stopper,
+ you can get a good look at the yummy floor!
The 'Besta' shelving from IKEA was a dream to assemble...a pleasant surprise.
Once it was put together, I was in awe at how much space there was!
I will probably re-arrange and change things a million times before I'm satisfied.
It's just what I do!  :)
I'm not finished with the frames on the top just yet, waiting for my PB lacquer
frames and then the two silver ones and the candle will go elsewhere.
The frame on the right is one of my favorites...me and my two beautiful sisters on
our respective wedding days.
In planning for this room, clearly I wanted an area for my supplies -
but I also wanted a place to display those little antiques and trinkets that would normally
be packed away.  We'll chat about my trinkets in Chapter Two! 
Loving this little gem from Pier One.  Remember it used to be black?
It makes a perfect inspiration board.
See the paper mache fairy?  Her name is Rosie.  She tidies up the past and
makes the future Rosie! 
The center piece of the room, the IKEA worktable.
Again, super easy to assemble.  Sweet.
The table height is really working for me.
To be continued...

5 comments:

TJ said...

Love it! I am thinking about posting a photo of my messy dining room as inspiration to clean it!

The Talk Times said...

Ooohhhh!!!!! Adorable! I love it! You did a fantastic job. Maybe you should skip nursing and go do interior design?!?!?!?

Betsy said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see it in person!

Unknown said...

The color and the floors are just perfect - really pretty. I have one of those flying pigs in cast iron for a doorstop - it gets some funny looks sometimes, but I'm glad there is someone else out there who thinks they are cool. :) What a great room!

Anonymous said...

Jealous girl..it looks fabulous-amie