10/30/10

The Studio | Chapter Two

I'm compelled to purchase stamps, even though I really am at a loss when
it comes to actually using them.  I love what other's are able to do with
stamps...however, I usually do not like what I do with them.
It's a dilemma.
I decided to put them  in plain view, hoping I might be inspired.
Wood block stamps on the top shelf, clear acrylic stamp sets in the basket.
The small, but growing yarn stash.
See the mint green blanket on the upper left?
That is my baby blanket.
It's vintage.
This shelf is packed with vintage goodies.
Fan I picked up at an antique store in Nebraska - she only works part time.
Little Golden Book about GOD - given to me in 1977 from my Sunday school teacher, Virginia. Back when these books were only .49 cents.
My baby shoes, silver spoon and teething ring - in need of polish.
Ring holder from  Dobby's collection - can I get a hand?!
Butter package from the Titonka Coop Creamery.
Iowa girl advertising card with a timetable for the Burlington, Cedar Rapids and Northern RR on the back. Train fare from Clear Lake to Cedar Falls in 1884 was $2.45 and included meals and berths.
A prized possession - Moms doll...in her original dress.
This shelf holds knitting needles - some are new, some from Brians Mother & Grandmother.
The little packets of sewing machine needles are from my Grandmother B's sewing supplies.
I picked up the flower frog at the antique store - perfect to hold things upright.
The clock face was intended for a scrapbook page, just haven't gotten to that yet.
And of course, a baby flying pig! 
BSG bought me this fantastic Clarks Spool cabinet at an auction in Texas.
It's drawers are perfect for holding all sorts of little notions.
There is an odor inside the cabinet that I'm not particularly fond of...I've
tried baking soda to remove it - any other suggestions?
Beside the bookcase is the perfect place to display my Boyd's Bear nurse,
a gift from  Mom & Dad for my birthday several years ago. 

3 comments:

sarah said...

love the peek into your creative space and i LOVE that you have so many treasures from your childhood (the blanket, the book...).

Lizzy said...

Beautiful!!!! Nice job...and a great space to play in.

believe it or not...it's just me said...

oh, but wait, Shel, seems you might be missing something special in your room. --two something specials actually. They are missing out of being front and center on your new shelves. Oh, and by the way... LOVE the floors and your room!! can't wait to see how it helps inspire you :)
kelly