11/7/10

Guest Powder Room | Before & After

Before -
It was not a huge, impressive remodel...just some
paint and accessories to spruce things up a bit. I tried to use
things I already had and shuffle things around.
I'm not a huge fan of wallpaper, but have chosen to pick my battles carefully. 
The Christmas stripe paper in the master bath trumps this!
The paper is subtle with acceptable colors, so I will let it linger.

Eventually, I would like to replace the linoleum and carpet with tile.
The previous owner had started to replace the gold fixtures - we finished.
Do you not love that light fixture? 
You do? 
You can have it. 
So sorry to expose you to my floppy chicken wing. Gross.

The hardware...gold & white...'nough said.
I brought home a handful of paint samples & decided on 'soft camel'
for the shower/potty room. I repainted the ceiling & trim.
We brought home a new faucet also, but some genius soldered
the pipes...so we must hire a plumber to change it out.
I decided to wait and do both this and the master at the same time.

After -

I really like this light fixture and the mottled globes.
I picked up the soap dish & tissue holder at Bed Bath & Beyond in rubbed bronze
and the little clock is from Pottery Barn several years ago.
I used the white rug & shower curtain from my master bathroom in Texas.

Have you shopped for drawer pulls lately?
Good gracious there are a LOT of choices.
I decided on a simple, modern design that did not cost $7.00 per.

I am rather happy with the color and quality of the cabinets in the house.
I scrubbed with Murphy's Oil soap and added the knobs...perfect.
Soft camel turned out to be a nice compliment to the paper and flooring.
I added the lead crystal atomizer - a gift from years ago that I have never really
had a place to display.
I will add some art to the walls when I find just the right piece.

5 comments:

Alli said...

Love it! Feel free to come up here...my house needs some help

TJ said...

Looks much better! We had a house with all gold/brass fixtures, too. Ick. I wonder if people are going to say the same thing about oiled bronze 20 years from now.

Betsy said...

Nice!

Lizzy said...

Fads come and go...just do what feels right for YOU - this looks VERY nice - and if you get to the point where you are out of projects, I have this big house that always needs help!!! Hugs and loves

Sylvia said...

I love MY bathroom redo! Thank you so much. Tell the girls to take care of it while they visit!