9/12/10

Studio Anatomy

For years now I have been wish'in and hope'in for a space designated to my crafty endeavors.
My current workspace, aka - the dining room table - works fine, however it is no fun to craft when it takes longer to drag the supplies out and put them away. I could leave my projects on the table, but the ocd//neat freak in me just isn't okay with that.  I tend to make a mess when the creative juices are flowing and I hate that my mess is the first thing you see upon entering the house.  I am organized,  but things are stuffed into various closets and nooks around the house...sewing machine here, paper there...you get the idea.  So, when hunting for the new house, one of my requirements was to have enough room for a craft room er, ah, studio!  You see, I have been collecting things in anticipation:
The desk/worktable is from Ikea, still in the box, in storage, just waiting for me.   The tabletop is white and large enough to do some serious work! 

 





















I prefer to stand while I work...so I chose these adjustable height legs for my tabletop.  The legs telescope up to a counter top height of 35 inches.  That is one of the best things about Ikea, customization!
Ikea Vika Kaj Adjustable Leg





















Also from Ikea, the Besta shelving unit.  I am pleased with my decision to go with white furniture.  I want to experience a certain 'feeling' in the room and I think bright, clean, crisp white is perfect to get the party started!
Ikea Besta Shelf Unit

Remember this canvas ?  From World Market...
I think it will create a bit of whimsy + a splash of color.























Regarding color, I'm still thinking turquoise and tangerine. I have been wishy-washy about choosing colors, but this combo seems to have stuck. If you notice, the canvas has a bunch of colors to pull inspiration from - including turquoise & tangerine!!!  Plus, my sisters' got me three awesome Pottery Barn lacquer frames in turquoise...so, it's a done deal!  I have tagged the room with east facing windows to get morning light + sheer flowing curtians that will blow in the cool midwestern breeze....ahh, I can just about feel it! 

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Did you buy that? It's fabulous. I've been wanting to get art like that to fill up the house.

Betsy said...

I can't wait! I am excited about your craft room too!

Lizzy said...

Pictures please.....wanna see this thing soon.

Hugs and congrats.,